TO MALTA WITH LOVE

EMBRACED BY THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA, SITUATED JUST SOUTH OF SICILY, REST THE QUAINT AND CHARMING ISLAND'S OF MALTA. SUPPRESSED BY GENERATIONS OF HISTORY, THESE ISLAND'S HOLD MAJESTIC TALES OF TIMES GONE BY.







Wednesday 6 April 2011

Dedicated To Malta

I have been following the news in recent weeks regarding the conflict in Libya and was a little apprehensive about booking my next trip to Malta.  I've got to say, the only reason behind my apprehension, was at the beginning of the conflict I heard a news story saying, Gaddafi was prepared to go to any lengths to stay in power, threatening war on the Med.  Well as you can imagine (I think), my family and I were a little worried.

Anyway, two weeks after the conflict began, my partner and I decided we ARE going on holiday and we ARE going to Malta.  I did wonder however, would other people have their doubts, just like me. Were there people willing to canel their existing holiday or even opting to visit other holiday destinations this year!  In my heart I hope not many or even better, none at all!

From what I've read, the government of Malta is adamant that the Island IS staying neutral and will remain so throughout.  The point is, if anyone reading this Blog is afraid of booking a holiday to Malta or considering cancelling their trip, please take time to re-consider.  Malta is a beautiful Island with wonderful, friendly people and has great deal to offer any visitor.  And I hope I am right in saying, that just like you and I, the Maltese people are wishing for a peaceful end (if possible) to a conflict which is another man's war.

Debs

1 comment:

  1. it's normal to be apprehensive of any kind of war close to boarders, but in case of Malta nothing to be scared

    ReplyDelete