TO MALTA WITH LOVE

EMBRACED BY THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA, SITUATED JUST SOUTH OF SICILY, REST THE QUAINT AND CHARMING ISLAND'S OF MALTA. SUPPRESSED BY GENERATIONS OF HISTORY, THESE ISLAND'S HOLD MAJESTIC TALES OF TIMES GONE BY.







Tuesday 29 June 2010

Well it's just two weeks until my family and I visit Malta again, with plenty of sunshine, visiting my parents and sightseeing all on the agenda, everyone's getting a little excited.
Over the years there has been a lot of controversy regarding Malta as a holiday destination and the general perception of the country is swayed equally on both sides, "you'll either love it, or hate it", this is the general consensus I hear when people are discussing the islands. It can be that one friend may thoroughly of enjoyed their visit, yet the other friend hated it.
As a person who loves these islands and yes we are all entitled to our own opinion, I just dont get it, yes Malta isn't quite that of a paradise island yet it makes up for this in so many other ways. With the amount of history that oozes out of these islands, I find it hard to understand why this small country doesn't get the recognition it thoroughly deserves.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realise there was such controversy about it. I have always thought that Malta is a beautiful island, with an amazing history and culture.

    ReplyDelete