TO MALTA WITH LOVE

EMBRACED BY THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA, SITUATED JUST SOUTH OF SICILY, REST THE QUAINT AND CHARMING ISLAND'S OF MALTA. SUPPRESSED BY GENERATIONS OF HISTORY, THESE ISLAND'S HOLD MAJESTIC TALES OF TIMES GONE BY.







Monday 31 May 2010

Mellieha Bay






Mellieha Bay is one of my favourite places on the island of Malta. Not only is the bay brilliant for children but the views are beautiful too.


As a child my family and I spent many happy hours on Mellieha beach and some of my fondest childhood memories were created here. The beach has barely changed since I was a child - with the same man offering you a sun lounger, to the family selling you beach side snacks and the same elderly man wading up and down the beach all day offering you his sea food delicacies. For me though, those familiar faces have been there all my life and although they may have aged slightly, it is lovely to see very little has ever changed.

If you plan on spending a few hours here with your children, the sea is wonderful as it remains incredibly shallow for quite a way out. It is here (whilst having a dip) that you come across the most beautiful of views, offering you a unique glimpse at part of the Maltese coastline.

Based on the northern side of the island, Mellieha Bay is an incredibly popular beach and can become relatively busy during the height of the summer season, especially weekends. Taking this into account, it is still one of Malta's most beautiful beaches and is well worth the visit.

1 comment:

  1. I love Mellieha too, definitely one of my favourite beaches :) lovely to hear about your fond memories, its so nice when certain things don't change!

    ReplyDelete